Endomorph is one of the three primary main body types. Having an endomorph body type is said to have more body fat. A female endomorph may have difficulty in dieting and gaining muscle mass. Endomorphs are often heavier and rounder but not obese. Due to their physical traits, they are more sensitive to calorie consumption.
Endomorphs have a smooth, round-body, medium-large bone structure. To have a lean endomorph body, it is essential to commit to a lifelong program. Building muscle comes easily for endomorphs, but their metabolism slows. This article will tell you what an endomorph body type is and how you can lose fat and gain lean muscle mass.
What is the Endomorph Body Type?
Endomorphs have a slower metabolism, which makes it easier, more challenging for weight gain and. You should carefully consider the best types of diet plans for endomorphs. Because it’s challenging you to lose them. They usually have soft, round bodies with broad waists and large bones, joints, and hips.
Five Physical Characteristics of Endomorph Body Type:
- Soft and Round – Lack of muscle tone is evident to the individuals who have higher body fat levels.
- Storing Fat– If you have an endomorph body type, your body tends to store body fat quickly. If you feel like you gain or store excess fat, it means you are an endomorph.
- Weight Gain – Because your body tends to store fat faster, you may gain weight. When on a diet, and you break it for a few days or weeks and discover after you gain body fat, it means you are an endomorph.
- Diet Difficulties – If you can’t lose fat, you are endomorph even if you are on a strict diet.
- Low Endurance – Endomorphs tend to have difficulty on long and strenuous exercise programs. Your low endurance is because you can’t stick to your workout routines because of the extra fat you carry.
- Slow Metabolism – The main reason it’s hard to lose fat is that you have a slower metabolic rate.
How To Get Lean As A Female Endomorph
If you are a female endomorph and want to be lean, you must remember exercise is necessary. It’s a fact for any endomorph weight loss. Exercising will help increase your metabolism and decrease your fat. You will also need a proper diet plan. It’s best to talk to a doctor if you are planning on dieting to avoid any unhealthy diet doings.
You should follow an exercise routine, focus on cardiovascular and strength training activities.
Since you don’t burn calories fast, your excess calories may convert to fat. Endomorph diets most differ in the macronutrient ratios. The best diet for you may be with a higher fat and protein intake and a lower carbohydrate intake. This type of diet will help you lose body fat while having a high energy level.
Ideal Diet for Endomorphs to get Lean
An endomorph diet plan limits processed, refined carbs containing little or no nutrition. It means that you’ll need to keep a tighter watch on calories. Some suggest a higher protein intake, a good amount of fats, and a lower-carbohydrate diet.
You should remember to build by focusing on eating fiber-rich veggies. Your diet means that you should focus on having 1,300 to 1,500 calories per day.
Best Types of Diet for Endomorphs
There are different diet plans popular worldwide. The best types of diet plans for a female endomorphs are the following. Endomorphs may carry more fat and are more likely to have insulin resistance. You should have a balanced diet with lower carbohydrates. This will support endomorph fat loss.
- Paleo-Diet-Style Plans (Caveman Diet) – According to the Mayo Clinic, this focuses on fruit, veggies, meats, fish, nuts and seeds, and oils. Paleo Dieters avoid legumes. But are okay with beans that are weight-friendly and digestion-slowing fiber.
- Proper Breakfast Choice – When you start your day with a high-protein breakfast, this will give a jumpstart to your metabolism. So it keeps insulin levels from reaching a very high level.
Worst Types of Diet for Endomorph
Being a female endomorph, you may limit or avoid dense carbohydrate foods. Rich carbohydrate food releases sugars into the bloodstream. This phenomenon may cause blood sugar to spike and dip. The body may also turn this sugar into fat.
Some foods to limit or avoid include:
- White bread, rice, bagels, and pasta
- Chocolates, candies, or other sweet foods
- Soft drinks and energy drinks
- Refined cereals
- Heavily processed food
- Red meats
How Often Should You Eat
If you are an endomorph, you can still eat a day thrice and have your snacks in between. You need to make sure that you eat healthy foods. You need to remember the certain calorie count considered for an endomorph diet. Don’t force yourself not to eat anything but make sure to eat right.
The recommended macronutrients for people with endomorph body types are protein 35%; carb – 25%; fat – 40%. Carb-dense food is part of the exercise. Veggies and fruits are essential in every meal. It would be best if you kept a close eye on macros for your body type. It would help if you also aimed to eat most carbs in the morning to give it a chance to burn.
Best Workout For Endomorphs
Being a female endomorph will give you a hard time losing fat with diet alone. Therefore, if you are an endomorph well-rounded fitness program is needed for you. Exercise is vital to increasing metabolism and must include weight and cardio training. Building muscles may be easy, and it is hard staying lean with your slow metabolism and extra body fat.
An endomorph can do exercises 2-3 times per week with 30-60 minutes per session. Low-intensity training needs to have a progression. Endomorphs are more encouraged to do high-intensity workout sessions.
During strength training, the focus is building lean muscle mass and losing body fat. You can do this while increasing your metabolism.
Focus on large endomorph muscle groups. Do it with high intensity and repetitions, compound exercises, or circuit training. Endomorphs often have a low muscle mass and excess body mass, which will hinder growth. But, with your healthy muscles, you can increase your metabolism.
Compound exercises use the body’s tissues and encourage body control. More so, you can do this from a standing position using free weights, body weights, or barbells. Some examples include deadlift or hip hinge, push-ups, and squats.
Circuit training is another type of exercise that experts recommend for endomorphs. This exercise involves doing short, intense workouts with short periods of rest.
You can start carrying your weights as low as 1lb and progress to heavier weights. This progression can also apply to your repetitions. You can start with five reps and two sets and progress to 10 reps and three sets, and even more. Be sure that you do your exercise as recommended and always listen to your body. Do not overstrain yourself.
Cardiovascular exercises are also for endomorphs. These types of exercise will surely help increase your metabolism and endurance. They can burn calories and help you create a calorie deficit. This means that you are using more calories than you are consuming and at the same time burning excess fat.
Some are examples for cardiovascular exercises:
- HIIT or High-Intensity Interval Training – This exercise type includes periods of very high-intensity activity and low-intensity exercise. You can do this 2-3 times per week and 30 minutes per session.
- SST or Steady-State Training – The exercise includes extended sessions of continuous moderate to low intensity workout. A good SST includes walking, running or jogging, and swimming. You can do this for 30-60 minutes 2-3 times per week.
In exercising, it is vital to do it at your own pace. Be sure to have a goal but make sure not to overstrain yourself. Giving injury to yourself will not help you in maintaining a lean muscle mass. Always make sure to ask if you are unsure about something. Be prepared for a long-term commitment to support your goal to gain muscle endomorph mass.
The Other Body Types
Besides endomorphs, there are other body types. The different body types include mesomorph and ectomorph. Your body type is known by both your physical frame and body composition.
Mesomorph is another body type that has a medium frame. Mesomorphic people may develop muscles quickly and have more muscles than fat. They are solid. Mesomorphs have a square-shaped head, muscular chest and shoulders, and equal weight distribution.
They may have no trouble eating and can eat what they want because they can lose weight. So you can also gain weight as soon as mesomorphs can lose, which may be a disadvantage.
Ectomorph is a small-frame size and little body fat type of body. Ectomorphs are generally long and lean with little muscle mass. They find themselves having a hard time gaining weight and muscle despite what they eat or do.
Endomorphs take longer to lose because of their slow metabolism. They have good strength and can build muscle, but they need to exercise to increase muscle mass. To a lean female endomorph, you should stick to a routine. Make sure that it includes a cardio plan and strength training with your diet plan.