The body has bones, muscles, and a lot more. Some parts of the body enhance the way you look. One of which is the collarbone, also known as the beauty bone.
Why is it called the beauty bone? It is above the upper chest, which enhances the alignment of your body. And with a perfect alignment, your features enhance! However, sometimes collarbone fat can get in the way of your beauty bone.
Collarbone fat is caused by excess fat in the body. In order to accentuate your beauty bone, you must get lean and shed off unnecessary fat.
Hence, if you want to know what causes collarbone fat and how to reduce it, this article is for you!
What Causes Collarbone Fat?
A prominent collarbone can enhance your physique. Additionally, it is also a good sign that of not having excessive amounts of fat in the body, which is associated with being healthy. But what causes your collarbone to become less visible? The answer is simple, and it is because of collarbone fat.
Collarbone fat develops because of excess fat. This excess fat usually accumulates because you do not perform enough physical activities. It may also be because of poor eating habits.
There are ways to measure your body fat, let’s discuss some of them.
How To Measure Body Fat
- Calipers: It is a traditional method of measuring body fat. They measure fats on certain areas of the body and their thickness. But because calipers are prone to human error, most health professionals do not use them. They cite that calipers are inaccurate.
- 3D Body Scanners: Body scanners use bioelectrical impedance, which means electrical current travels in your body. But do not worry because these are non-invasive. These body scanners can compute your bone mass, fat mass, and lean mass in a few seconds.
- Smart Scales: For an average person, smart scales are more affordable. It is easy to access and available. Smart scales furnish weight readings. It also provides details of your muscle mass, body fat, and bone and water percentages.
Body fat is natural, but too much of it could lead to health problems. Having the right level of fat improves your health and also your physical appearance. When you lose fat, your muscles and your beauty bone become more prominent.
Collarbone fat loss can make your beauty bone more prominent. And collarbone weight loss can accelerate your progress. But losing fat or losing weight should be done with safety in mind!
How To Get Prominent Collarbones — Getting Rid of Collarbone Fat
You need to identify the proper way to reduce your body fat percentage in a healthy way. It is important to lose body fat without risking your physical and mental health.
Here are some steps to take to get a prominent collarbone:
1. Lose excess fat
Losing fat, not only weight, can help you get a more prominent collarbone. Weight loss refers to the amount of weight you have lost, including muscle mass or water weight. But weight loss does not necessarily tell you where that weight comes from. Hence, it is necessary to understand fat loss too.
Fat loss takes into account your body fat. It is calculated by knowing the proportion of your body fat with your body, including weight and water mass.
A high percentage of fat is usually linked to obesity or serious health conditions. Hence, losing fat, not just losing weight, is more ideal.
Having a healthy body fat percentage has many benefits, such as the following:
- Attractive physique,
- Appropriate blood sugar level,
- Balanced hormones,
- Efficient neurological function,
- Enough vitamins and minerals storage,
- Good metabolism,
- Healthy reproductive system, and
- Regulated temperature.
2. Do strength training
Strength training can help build lean muscles, which can aid in fat loss. Regular strength training is the foundation of most fitness routines. It does not only help in building muscles and losing body fat but also decreases your risk of having injuries.
Moreover, it enhances your body posture and improves your body composition. With that, you can meet your goal of having a prominent collarbone!
Here are some exercises that you can do for strength training:
Squats is a strength exercise that is perfect for hip-hinge movement! It improves your core, glutes, and quads. It also burns calories! You may do squats to make it more intense with barbells, resistance bands, and yoga balls.
How to do a squat?
- Stand up with your feet that are hip-distance apart.
- Chest forward and engage your core or abdomen.
- As you put your hips back into a half-sit position, you have to shift your weight to your heels.
- Pause for a while, then go back to the starting position.
Romanian deadlifts are perfect for a hip-hinge motion. But the target of this exercise is your hamstrings. It is usually done with dumbbells.
How to do a deadlift?
- Stand up with your feet that are hip-width apart and bend your knees.
- Hinge forward, then push your butt backward.
- Your back should lay flat, and your shoulders should engage while pushing your butt back.
- Pause for a while, then stand up by pushing through your heels to go back to the starting position.
A reverse lunge is a single-leg movement where you transition from two feet to one. It makes you stable and more balanced.
How to make a reverse lunge?
- Stand up with your feet together.
- Step back with your left foot and keep your heel away from the floor.
- Bend both knees until your right leg is on the floor while you bend your left knee.
- Push using your heel to go back from the starting position, then do it alternately.
A plank is a perfect exercise to improve the whole body’s stability. It also improves your posture and defines bone structures.
How to plank?
- Put your palms on the floor that are shoulder-width apart.
- Put your legs behind you that are hip-width apart.
- Hold in that position in a set time.
Bent-over rows target your upper back and tone down your muscles!
How to do a bent-over row?
- Stand up with your feet apart that are hip-width while holding weights.
- Hinge forward while pushing your butt back.
- Bend your knees and row while pulling the dumbbells towards you.
- Lower down the dumbbells and then repeat.
3. Aim to get lean
Aiming to get lean can help get rid of excess fat. It helps with improving your body structure, making your collarbone more noticeable.
You can get lean by strength training. It is the second tip here on the list! Don’t be afraid to do strength training due to the misconception that resistance training can make women bulky. That is simply not true! You can lift weight and do resistance training without getting big and bulky.
You can also eat food with the right ratio of macronutrients which reduce body fat and preserve lean muscle. Each person requires different macros.
Don’t forget to fill up on fiber! Water-soluble fiber slows down digestion, and insoluble fiber promotes faster metabolism.
Here are some food rich in fiber:
- Almonds: It contains high amounts of fiber, good for diet!
- Apple: It is one of the popular fruits known by everyone. A medium-sized apple contains 4.4 grams of fiber.
- Bananas: This fruit is the most popular fruit known to have fiber. It also has Vitamin B6.
- Broccoli: This vegetable is rich in fiber and protein.
- Carrots: This vegetable is low in calories but full of nutrients. It is also dense in water which helps you feel full.
- Oatmeal: It is a healthy type of grain. It has beta-glucan, which is fiber soluble and is good for losing fat.
- Pear: It is a well-known fruit rich in fiber. There’s 3.1 grams of fiber per 100 grams of pear.
- Sweet Potatoes: This fruit is a popular substitute for bread. It is also rich in beta carotene and Vitamin B.
- Quinoa: It is like cereal but rich in antioxidants and potassium.
- Strawberries: Not only is it rich in fiber, but it is also rich in Vitamin C.
4. Incorporate cardio
Exercising is important when you want to lose fat. It is because as you lose weight, your metabolism gets slower.
Moreover, the right amount of cardio can also help you lose extra fat! Here are some cardio exercises:
- Burpees: It helps burn calories and strengthen your muscles.
- High Knees: This exercise is an intense cardio workout. It targets your core, but it can help you achieve a prominent collarbone by losing fat.
- Jogging: It can help you lose weight and establish strong bones.
- Jumping Rope: This exercise improves your physique!
- Jump Squats: It helps you burn calories and improve strength.
- Swimming: It is a great way to increase your heart rate and lose weight. It is a versatile activity!
5. Eat cleaner
Eating clean promotes the consumption of nutritious food. It includes whole foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. You have to be healthy! It means eating processed food may be off-limits.
Processed food is unnatural, and it can make you gain unnecessary fat. This type of food is full of sugar and unhealthy fat, which can cause you to overeat. It also lacks nutrients your body needs, such as fiber and vitamins! Hence, it is important to eat clean for collarbone fat loss.
You can also eat clean by avoiding foods that have already been refined. For example, you should eat apples rather than drink apple juice. Another example is you should eat vegetables rather than vegetable chips. But sometimes a minimal amount is okay. You may eat pasteurized eggs or frozen berries.
Replacing a healthy meal with protein shakes or smoothies is not eating clean. It’s best to include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. It would also help if you also choose organic produce. It is healthier since it does not have preservatives.
Avoid greasy food to prevent the accumulation of unwanted fat. You may use olive oil as an alternative to butter or margarine. You can also eat more avocados and nuts for healthy fats.
6. Cut back on sugar and unhealthy food
Unhealthy food can cause you to gain unneeded fat. It is necessary to avoid refined sugar if your goal is to eat clean. Cutting down sugar and unhealthy food in your meals can help you control your weight and potential chronic disease.
Sugar is difficult to digest and it becomes fat. Cutting down sugar improves your digestion system. Thus, you’ll lose body fat and your beauty bone can become noticeable. You may substitute sweets with honey or maple syrup.
Tip: Scheduling your cheat meals can help you stick to a healthy diet without feeling deprived!
7. Drink more water and avoid drinking empty calories
Avoid drinking sugary drinks because they can increase your calorie intake. Drink more water. Since you are losing weight or body fat, it is important to stay hydrated. It also helps with digestion.
It would help if you also drink less alcohol to lose fat in your beauty bone and overall body. Frequent drinking can contribute to an increased body fat percentage. Hence, cutting it down can help you have a prominent collarbone.
8. Do chest workouts
Chest workouts can help get a more defined chest and collarbone! Chest workouts improve the strength of your muscles at your back. That way, you can maintain a good posture. It will also prevent your shoulders from slouching, and it can also help your collarbone stand out.
Here are some exercises you can do:
- Bench Press: Lay down on a flat surface while holding weights that are shoulder-width apart. Lower the weights towards you and then go back to the start.
- Lateral Reverse: Stand up and hold the weights with palms facing down. Keep your chest up, and then bend your elbow. After which, you raise the weight outwards up to your shoulder then go back to the start.
- Push-Ups: You should lie down, face flat, and align your hands with your shoulders. After that, you will push yourself down halfway through.
A prominent collarbone can help with enhancing your physique. Which can exude attractiveness! So if you want to show your beauty bone, check if you have too much collarbone fat. There are various ways to reduce collarbone fat. The highlight is that you should live healthier to achieve a fit body.